Foodie Fam when you asked us to give you more gluten-free recipes, we Tok that job very seriously 💪 With the help of Takealot, cooking gluten-free is made super easy. This tuna and veggie bake is simple to prepare and is baked in one dish = the ultimate time-saver! Whether you make this bake for dinner or enjoy the leftovers as lunch, this recipe is a winner!
🛎️ Subscribe to our channel to join our Foodies fam & HIT that notification bell so you’ll never miss a new delicious recipe.
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 45 minutes
1 box (250g) Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup cubed carrots
½ cup chopped baby marrows
½ tsp fish spice
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 ½ cube vegetable stock
2 tins (170g each) tuna fish in water
1 block (200g) cheddar cheese
Baby spinach salad
Fresh lemon wedges
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. In a single row, arrange the Happy Earth People Chickpea Pasta into the Le Creuset 32 Classic Rectangular Dish and set aside.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with the olive oil. Once hot, add the onions, carrots, baby marrow, fish spice and crushed garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. In the meantime, dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 3 ½ cups of hot water in the Progressive Kitchenware measuring Jug.
Drain the tuna fish water into the dissolved stock mixture and stir. *Chef’s Tip: The tuna water is packed with water-soluble nutrients.
5. Add the drained tuna flesh into the pan along with the vegetables, stirring until mixed through, about 2 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
6. Spoon the sautéd vegetables and tuna over the uncooked pasta in the baking dish. Stir to distribute the ingredients evenly.
7. Pour the prepared vegetable stock over the pasta and vegetables. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
8. In the meantime grate the cheese onto a board using the Legend Premium Upright Grater. Remove the foil and sprinkle over the grated cheese, bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the pasta sauce has thickened.
9. Allow the bake to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve a slice of the bake alongside a spinach salad. Squeeze over a wedge of lemon and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiesofsa
#glutenfreerecipes #glutenfreeveggiebake #tuna&veggiebake