Mmmm! This Paleo sausage and peppers dish has the perfect twist with flavorful bison sausage and caramelized acorn squash. This dish is perfect for you if you’re low-carb, Paleo, gluten-free, or just focusing on nutrient-dense whole foods.
We love acorn squash because it’s a great source of gluten-free carbs with a low glycemic index. If it fits your macros, avocado would be a tasty add-on of healthy fats to pair with these savory flavors!
If the flavor combination hasn’t won you over yet, the prep will! This dish is easy to make, just chop up your veggies and sausage and bake on a sheet pan for about 45 minutes in the oven.
Let us know in the comments if you’ve tried bison yet. It’s one of our faves!
Recipe source: https://link.carbmanager.com/BisonPeppers
We’re Carb Manager. The all-in-one diet app for the Keto and low carb lifestyle, with a built-in macro tracker, Keto calculator, food diary, database of 350,000+ Keto recipes, meal planner, shopping list generator, weight tracker, intermittent fasting tracker, and everything else that you need to meet your health and weight loss goals and become the next Keto diet success story!
Subscribe to our YT channel for more premium Keto recipes: http://bit.ly/3lvo9hk
Download the app (FREE FOREVER):
Sign up on the web: http://www.carbmanager.com
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carbmanagerapp/
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carbmanager/
More premium low carb recipes: https://www.carbmanager.com/recipes
Sign up for Premium: https://www.carbmanager.com/premium
13 ounces Hickory Smoked Sausage By High Plains Bison
3 large Green Bell Peppers
6 ounces Acorn Squash
3 Garlic Cloves
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ teaspoon Coarse Salt
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
1 ½ tablespoons Fresh Parsley
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F. Slice the cheeks of all the bell peppers; there should be four for each pepper. Cut each of those slices in half into about 1 ½” slices. You want these pieces to be large because the acorn squash takes a while to cook. This way, all the vegetables will cook at the same rate. Place them into a large mixing bowl. Smash the garlic and add them to the bowl.
2. Cut the sausage in half at a diagonal and add them to the bowl. Season the entire mixture with avocado oil, kosher salt, and black pepper. Toss very well.
3. Place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to spread out the ingredients evenly so there is some space around each piece.
4. Cook for 40-45 mins until the acorn squash is soft, the bell peppers charred on the edges, and the sausage nicely rendered.
5. Top with chopped parsley and serve immediately.